GS-2 Mix This 1.5 cubic ft – 43 Ltr
GS-2 Mix This
Engineered Super Soil Aerator & Hydroponic Substrate
Good soil and coco mixes are typically well drained and aerated, meaning that the air inside the medium is similar to atmospheric air. This is essential for healthy root growth and healthy crops.
GS-2 Mix This! Soil Aerator is the ideal aeration component of soil mixes. Its highly porous aggregates act as ‘air pockets’ significantly enhancing aeration and drainage of any sphagnum peat, coco coir or composted soil based mix. As a result it creates the ideal environment for your plants’ root systems and leads to healthy, thriving plants.
Ideal for growing a wide variety of plants including herbs, flowering and woody ornamentals, vegetables, tropicals, trees and shrubs, GS-2 Mix This! Soil Aerator is a sustainable engineered alternative to perlite and other soil amendments used to improve texture and structure of soil or soilless mixes.
Why Use GS-2 Mix This
- Holds the perfect balance of air and water
- Delivers 40% more aeration than other mediums
- Holds 3 to 4 times more water content than clay pebbles
- Helps nutrients and oxygen flow more freely
- Ultra light-weight and easy to handle
- Simple to prep for pH stability
- Slow release of Silica
- Highly porous with large and small pore size
- Each pore acts as a ‘Micro NFT system’
- Ideal environment for roots, micro-organisms and mycorrhizae
How To Use GS-2 Mix This
Please read ‘How to prepare Growstones’ for best results.
For increased drainage, use more Growstones and for increased water retention, use more sphagnum peat moss, soil or coco coir when creating your Growstones planting mix.
To reuse Growstones mixes, remove old plant material from the container; shake roots vigorously to free as much mix attached to roots as possible.
As with any substrate used more than once, it is advisable to sterilise the mix before reusing it. Alternatively, the mix can be simply added to soil to improve texture, structure.