Engineered Hydroponic Substrate For Consistent Results
GS-1 Hydro Stone is the perfect media for your hydroponic garden. Even though you’re growing hydroponically, your roots still need a stable and well-drained foundation for maximum stability and growth. GS-1 provides that perfect foundation with a highly porous, non-compacting non-clogging substrate, which facilitates aeration of the root environment. Roots will grow and be ready to take full advantage of the dissolved nutrients and oxygen.
GS-1 is the larger size stone in the range; perfect as stand-alone medium or can be added to coco or soil for powerful 60/40 or 50/50 mix.
Why Use GS-1 Hydro Stones
- Holds the perfect balance of air and water
- Delivers 40% more aeration than other mediums
- Holds 3 to 4 times more water content than clay pebbles
- Helps nutrients and oxygen flow more freely
- Ultra light-weight and easy to handle
- Simple to prep for pH stability
- Slow release of Silica
- Highly porous with large and small pore size
- Each pore acts as a ‘Micro NFT system’
- Ideal environment for roots, micro-organisms and Mycorrhizae
How To Use GS-1 Hydro Stones
As with all grow media; the more time taken to prepare a substrate pays off by giving you a pH-stable nutrient solution, which will be easier to correct and maintain later on.
Please read ‘How to prepare Growstones’ for best results.